jueves, 12 de julio de 2012

La Leche League's Wonders

Breastfeeding is more than "filling" your baby's tummy. It's filling your baby with love. It's a time only you can give to your child as a mother.
I've been breastfeeding for about 3 years in a row and it's been a great experience since the beginning, due to all the information I got from La Leche League of my country. I've been a member since 2009, when I was about 5 months pregnant of my first child. The shared experiences of other mothers that were breastfeeding, the books available, and to also share my doubts and fears as a first-time mom was so useful that made my life as a new parent quite fascinating.
One of the things that really helped me get through the first time I ever breastfed was confidence. I was sure that I could breastfeed my child. That confidence was given to me after many LLL meetings. I had all the answers and the support of all these women that were in my same position.
Other great support was my husband. Our view of what we wanted for our child was to give him as less synthetic products as we could, and that included food. What is more synthetic than processed milks? How on Earth people could ever think that "formulas" are good or better than breastmilk?
I remember a book that our leader showed to us and something similiar I saw at an international conference about breastfeeding, it was the difference in a microscope of a "formula" milk vs. breastmilk. Formulas just had nothing. Like... nothing. So that is what people are giving to their children... nothing. Instead breastmilk is living-material, with tissues, cells, and nutrients. So in a way, when you breastfeed, you give life to your child (literally) .
Bonding with your baby is something that is priceless (in fact it is). You can bond in many ways, but breastfeeding gives that one-on-one time with your baby that no one else can give. And thanks to LLL, I made this experience just wonderfully, with no problems, just naturally.
LLL is like full mom- power. It gives you all the tools, if you really want, to breastfeed successfully. It gives you the strength that you need as a woman to continue doing your duty as a mother. It gives you friendship, not only for yourself, but for your baby too. It helps understand yourself and others in this new phase of your life. It opens your mind and heart to be a better mom.
Thanks La Leche League for giving me a beautiful motherhood!
For Panamanian moms check out: http://www.lllpanama.com or LLL international http://www.llli.org

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario